Wednesday 7 January 2009

Avoidance can be a wonderful thing... ;)

As a general rule, I don't knit socks... I've just never learned, and the idea of turning a heel is scary. Yes, I know that makes less than no sense, considering the fact that I enjoy knitting lace, that others find far more fiddly to do. Oh well. Instead, I took out a gorgeous pair of handknit wool socks my granny made for me some years ago. The left one had a rather gaping hole in the heel, so instead of not doing anything and risking the intergrity of the whole sock, I asked my mum for advice on how to darn it. The colour match wasn't perfect, but close enough, and now I can proudly say that while I may not know how to knit a sock, I can darn one I already have :D

Yleensä en kudo itse sukkia... En ole vaan koskaan opetellut, ja kantapään tekeminen tuntuu pelottavalta. Tiedän, että siinä ei ole mitään järkeä, sillä tykkään neuloa pitsiä, joka taas toisten mielestä on huomattavasti työläämpää. No jaa. Sen sijaan kaivoin kaapista kauniit, mummon kutomat villasukat. Vasemmassa sukassa oli komea reikä, joten päädyin korjata sen, ennen kuin se uhkasi koko sukkaa. Äiti osasi neuvoa, ja vaikka värit eivät menekkään täsmälleen yks' yhteen, niin ne ovat riittävän lähellä toisiaan. Joten vaikka en kutoisikaan sukkia, niin ainakin osaan parsia niitä, jotka minulla on jo :D

No comments: