Sunday 30 October 2011

Return of the monster shawl - Monsterihuivin paluu

Last autumn I blogged about the original monster shawl. In fact, I prefer my shawls rather wide, so that I can wrap them around my fairly substantial torso and shoulders. However, that does of course often mean that some of my larger shawls take a fair while to knit, and eat up a good bit of yarn, as well.

Bloggasin viime syksynä alkuperäisestä monsterihuivista. Itseasiassa pidänkin isohkoista huiveista, sillä niitä on helpompi kääriä leveiden hartioiden ja yläkropan ympärille. Tämä kuitenkin usein tarkoittaa sitä, että isohkoiden huivien neulomiseen menee kiitettävästi aikaa, ja lankaakin.

This shawl only took two skeins of yarn, which was a bit of a surprise. As winter is fast approaching, I doubt I'll get much use out of this linen shawl, but there's always next summer. I hope that the shawl will then get a chance to protect my shoulders from the sun.

Tähän huiviin menikin vain kaksi vyyhtiä lankaa, joka yllätti neulojan. Koska talvi lähenee joka päivä, taitaa tämä huivi päätyä kaappiin odottamaan ensi kesää, jolloin se toivottavasti pääsee suojelemaan hartioita auringolta.



The pic was taken on top of my parents' dining table, that seats 12. Our flat doesn't really have a place where I could spread out a shawl that's just under 3 metres wide.

Kuva on otettu vanhempien 12-hengen ruokapöydän päällä, koska itselläni ei ollut kotona paikkaa, jonne vähän alle kolmemetrisen huivin olisi asetellut kuvia varten.

No comments: